Thursday, February 21, 2008

easy menu idea for fibroid fighters

One of the biggest challenges I have had in my fibroid fighting is figuring out what meals I can make that are delicous and easy (and pass muster with my boyfriend) while still being ok for fibroid fighting.

Came up with a good one last night.
Bought a bunch of cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and carrots. Lots of crubiciferous vegetables! Spread them on a cookie sheet and drizzled with olive oil and roasted about 35 minutes in a 45 degree over till soft and starting to carmelize. Yummy.

Then I found a new way to serve turkey. For fibroid fighters it's best to avoid meat, but if you do have it then turkey is the best one because it's light and non-fat and also is the only fowl that is ok for kaphas in Ayurveda. (Fibroids are a symptom that your kapha is out of whack, so if you have fibroids you are supposed to eat a kapha diet even if you are a vata or pitta).

At Whole Foods at the meat counter they had turkey sausage (made from hormone-free free-range turkey, natch!) sold with no casing, like hamburger. I made it into little patties, sauteed in olive oil, threw in some pearl onions. Then I drained off the oil, and poured in a half jar of arrabatica pasta sauce and simmered.

Was a delicious dinner and my boyfriend gave it a thumbs-up (he didn't even miss not having a starch!)

No comments: