Saturday, January 12, 2008

my battle plan

After much research, here is the fibroid shrinking battle plan I have created for myself:

1. Radically change my diet, eliminating foods that tend to aggravate fibroids and increasing ones that will help fibroids
2. Acupuncture and abdominal massage treatment once weekly
3. Take Chinese herbs prescribed by the acupuncturist
4. NAET treatment once weekly
5. Take homeopathic remedy prescribed by the NAET practioner
6. Exercise at least an hour a day, including one Qi Gong class and one belly dancing class per week
7. Take a Mindfulness Meditation course
8. Work with a coach to help me reduce the stress in my life and cope with the emotional challenges of this battle, and also to help me clear out some old mental/emotional baggage that on a spiritual level may be conspiring to keep the fibroids in place
---> between the meditation course and the coach, I plan to spend an hour a day working on mental/emotional issues
9. Daily castor oil compress
10. Lots of foot massages from my boyfriend

I also have some other things I plan to try and to weave into the plan later as needed, including myofascial release therapy, reiki or medical Qi Gong, and aromatherapy. But there is only so much I can do at once, and I think the ten items listed above are going to keep me plenty busy!

In my later posts, I will talk more about each of these -- why they are things that should help with the fibroids, what they are, and how you can try them.

I'm going to particularly have a lot of posts about diet, as this has been a huge adjustment for me but from what I have read has the potential to make a very significant difference.

No comments: